Zhendong Li (Max)
Undergraduate student (graduating 2023),
Shanghai University, China
You can find more details about Qian Weichang or Chien Wei-zang (a Chinese physicist and applied mathematician also an educator ) here, he was the first principal and creator of Shanghai University.
Mail: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
Zhendong Li is currently a Applied Mathematics major in Shanghai University.
Now actively searching for research & intern oppoturnity in optimization related areas.
Optimize your life forever!
Optimization (Nonlinear, Integer and almost everything!)
Optimal Control (Especially PDE)
B.Sc, Mathematics and Applied Mathematics, QianWeiChang College (Elite Honor Program),
Sep 2019 - Jul 2023, Shanghai, China.
Shanghai Univeristy Operator Research and Optimization Open Lab
Sept. 2020 - present
- Developed an optimal control problem solver to solve nonlinear optimal control problem based on the control parameterization method with Julia and used some methods such as AdaGrad and adaptive switching time technique;
- Designed an inexact Uzawa algorithm framework based on the special structure by using dual form of the ellipse optimal control problem and its nonlinear saddle point problems;
- Solved Graph Matching problem in Integer PDE optimal control problems with revised ADMM.
Polytechique de Montreal
Aug. 2022 - Nov. 2022
- Assisted in development of a simulation tool in python to test the dispatch process and developed greedy algorithms for the Dial a Ride problem in NYC;
- Implemented dedicated algorithms to compute compatibility matrices and developed visualization tools.
The University of Melbourne
April 2022 - Present
- Used origin and destination of the line and selected new stops to get a `better’ bus line. Modeled it as an Orienteering Problem with more real constraints also mixed the point of interest, the convenience of transferring to the subway and other things as score in data set；
- Used SVM method to reduce the complexity of the network to solve the problem faster with the heuristics solver;
- Our solution will have a chance to conduct real experiments in Tongzhou District, Beijing.
Academy of Mathematics and Systems Science, Chinese Academy of Sciences
June 2021 - April 2022
- Proposed a novel pivot selecting rules to Simplex method for Mixed Integer Programming, by employing Reinforcement Learning techniques;
- Learned the basic knowledge about integer programming and reinforcement learning;
- Tested classical methods such as Bland’s rule and steepest edge rule and on Vehicle Routing Problem.
Brief Analysis of Alternating Multiplier Direction Method
The Fourth Shanghai University Undergraduate Academic Forum (Top 6)
- Shanghai, China—-Nov. 2021
The Analysis of Different Cyclists in Individual and Team Time Trials: Based on the Power Profile
MAA MathFest 2022
- Philadelphia, USA—-Aug. 2022
Awards and Honors
SHU Scholarship for new students - Sept. 2019
SHU First-class Study Scholarship - Sept. 2020
2020 MCM/ICM S Award - April 2020
2021 MCM/ICM S Award - April 2021
SHU Second-class Study Scholarship - Sept. 2021
First-class of Shanghai University Undergraduate Academic Forum(Top 6) - Nov. 2021
Canada Mitacs & China Scholarship Council - Mar. 2022
English, Fluent （IELTS 6.5）
Chinese (Mandarin), Native
Programming Languages: MATLAB, Python, Julia, C++, C, SQL, HTML, LaTeX
Optimization Software: Gurobi, SCIP